Intense, Dramatic Landscapes on Display in “Land, Sea, Sky” Show at ArtProv Gallery
Opening Reception will be held during Gallery Night Providence September 21.
Providence, Rhode Island, August 31, 2017 – Vast horizons, expansive views and endless waterways will be explored in the new group show “Land, Sea, Sky,“ which opens at ArtProv Gallery, a contemporary gallery located in the Jewelry District at 150 Chestnut Street, on September 20, 2017. An opening reception will be held during Gallery Night Providence on September 21 from 5-9 p.m. and a closing reception during Gallery Night Providence on October 19 from 5-9 p.m. The show runs through November 4. Please check www.ArtProvGallery.com for weekly hours and special events.
The works in “Land, Sea, Sky” depict both the majesty of the natural world and its solitude through the use of shape, texture, color and light. The show features landscapes by:
- Karen Rand Anderson, whose recent work reflects an abstracted, energetic investigation of place
- Jeanne Tangney, an artist who creates almost all of her work with pastels for their unlimited variety of color and effects
- Michelle Courier, who applies her mastery of color in her vibrant, cotemporary impressionistic landscape paintings
- Nick Paciorek, a contemporary artist who explores the landscape through hyped-up color in oils
- Jana Matusz, a painter whose works are about strength: strong composition, strong color, strong feeling
- Nina Weiss, a landscape artist inspired by the power of the Midwest’s landscapes and love of color
- Ewa Romaszewicz, who creates personal and invented skyscapes, landscapes and nightscapes that communicate a psychological state of mind
“The pieces in this exhibit are inspired by nature but push the boundaries of traditional landscapes to captivate viewers,” explained gallery co-owner Michele Aucoin. “I’m excited to share this body of work that is so full of passion.”