Land, Sea, Sky
Through 4 November at ArtProv
Intense, Dramatic Landscapes on Display in “Land, Sea, Sky” Show at ArtProv Gallery
Closing Reception will be held during Gallery Night Providence October 19.
Here's your last chance to see vast horizons, expansive views and endless waterways in the group show “Land, Sea, Sky" at ArtProv Gallery, a contemporary gallery located in the Jewelry District at 150 Chestnut Street. A closing reception will be held during Gallery Night Providence on October 19 from 5-9 p.m. The show runs through November 4. Please check www.ArtProvGallery.com for weekly hours and special events.
The works in “Land, Sea, Sky” depict both the majesty of the natural world and its solitude through the use of shape, texture, color and light. The show features landscapes by:
- Karen Rand Anderson, whose recent work reflects an abstracted, energetic investigation of place
- Jeanne Tangney, an artist who creates almost all of her work with pastels for their unlimited variety of color and effects
- Michelle Courier, who applies her mastery of color in her vibrant, contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings
- Nick Paciorek, a contemporary artist who explores the landscape through hyped-up color in oils
- Jana Matusz, a painter whose works are about strength: strong composition, strong color, strong feeling
- Nina Weiss, a landscape artist inspired by the power of the Midwest’s landscapes and love of color
- Ewa Romaszewicz, who creates personal and invented skyscapes, landscapes and nightscapes that communicate a psychological state of mind
“The pieces in this exhibit are inspired by nature but push the boundaries of traditional landscapes to captivate viewers,” explained gallery co-owner Michele Aucoin. “I’m excited to share this body of work that is so full of passion."